Saturday, January 9, 2010

off in a new direction...

i finally figured out that our camera has a "macro" setting which allows me to focus in on specific elements. i always wondered how people did that! did i read the directions that came with the camera? nooooooo.... i'm good now...

onto the project...for some time, i have admired the creativity of melissa phillips (of LilyBean's Paperie: http://lilybeanpaperie.typepad.com/lilybeans_paperie/). she has inspired me to experiment, so i have! this has been such a fun project that i decided to make a second. i can see making more, and the ideas are flowing. this project is pretty self-explanatory.















about the flowers: red and green tissue paper and "dimensional magic". sticky fingers!


8 comments:

Joyce Spear said...

Pretty! You're so good with 3D art, makes me a little jealous.

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

What a wonderful combination of elements! Love it. (I'm just like you, never read the instructions, I just wait for my husband to tell me 12 months down the line lol)

Jean Franks Beck said...

Wonderfully inspired! Melissa Phillips is one of my favorites, too. :)

Debby said...

Beautiful pieces!

Suzie said...

Awesome projects, can't wait to see for of your projects.

Juliet A said...

this is so cute! It is nice to see a project from you, as a change from your many cards ( I like the cards, too, but I like to see all kinds of things!).

Vicky said...

Lovely project! Thank you so much for participating with it on my blog candy!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Lovely. I especially like the pink and green one with all the pretty doo dads.